HSE for managers is a one-day course about workplace health and safety (health, safety and environment). The Working Environment Act requires the employer to undergo training in HSE, and also requires other managers to have sound HSE competence. This course aims to give employers and other managers a thorough introduction to practical HSE work and the HSE requirements in the Working Environment Act and regulations pursuant to the act..
More information about the HSE-course
Everyone in the workplace, from the employer to the employees, safety representatives and members of the working environment committee, all play important roles when it comes to health, safety and environment in the company. But the ones who have the power to really implement changes in the company’s HSE work are the employers and managers. In this course, we aim to give the participants knowledge of the important HSE requirements and how they can be applied in our companies’ day to day life. It utilises a combination of lectures, dialogue, group work and experience sharing to ensure that the participants leave the course understanding which responsibilities they have in the HSE work, and how the HSE work can be carried out in a well-planned, cooperation based manner to create good and safe working conditions for everyone.
Who is the course suitable for?
- Employers (CEO etc.)
- Other managers
- HR and HSE management personnel
- The course can also be used as a refresher course for safety representatives and working environment committee members who have previously completed 40 hours training
The course is a one day webinar course. Upon completion the participants will get a course certificate. Participants will receive online access to course materials.
- What is HSE and why is it important?
- The Working Environment Act and regulations pursuant to the act
- Roles, tasks and responsibilities in the HSE work
- Notification and whistle-blowing
- Work-related injuries and diseases
- Systematic HSE work and the internal control regulations; theory and application
- Assessing the working environment, risk assessing and follow-up (action plans)
- Physical, chemical and biological working environment factors
- Ergonomics and prevention of strain injuries
- Sick leave: prevention and follow-up
- Addiction and substance abuse
- Psychosocial and organisational working environment
There are no knowledge requirements for participating in HSE for managers. The course is designed for those with little or no HSE experience, but also aims to be useful for those who already have some HSE experience.
Participants should however be able to communicate well in English.
Kan bestilles på nett